1899: Engineer Einar Ramsli from Kyrkjebø and architect Sigurd Lunde, secures the rights to the Øyre river system. The race for the rights to the hydro power in Høyangsfjorden starts.
1906-1915: Consul Harald Larsen gathers and secures all the water rights around Høyanger. The work with zoning for the hydro power development kicks off, and the plan is to built an electrical ironwork site.
1913: The company a/s Høyangfaldene is established.
1914: Power concession is awarded to a/s Høyangfaldene.
1915: «a/s Høyangfaldene, Norsk Aluminium Company» is created. The company that was awarded concession becomes a part of this company, and is referred to as «Høyangfaldene». Administrative Director Sigurd Kloumann is seen as the founder of the new company, which now focuses on production of aluminum and not steel.
1916: The construction work starts with the development of the power- factory- and town sites. Høyangsfjorden becomes «Høyanger». A provisional power plant at Hjetland starts operating.
1917: The first step in the power development (power site 1), including the Grimsos dam and Kråkos dam, is finalized. The first permanent power plant, Power Station 1, is put into operation on the factory site at Øren in November. The aluminum factory is finalized on November 7th, the electrode factory begins production of anode coal. At most during 1917, 1350 people were working in construction in Høyanger. Before the site was developed, only 120 people lived her.
1918: The foundry is finalized. The first trial production of aluminum is started; August 22nd 430 kg of aluminum is drained. Due to the shortage of raw material normal aluminum production is not begun until the end of 1919. Compensation production of iron and carbide from May to November.
1919: Year of crisis for the company, the year is marked by inertia. There is a shortage of raw materials, in addition to a strike at the factory in the summer and autumn months. In November, the production of aluminum can finally begin. The first shipment of aluminum, 74 tonnes, is delivered to «Det Norske Nitridaktieselskap» on December 15th 1919.
1921: Hans Hygen becomes plant director, a position he held until 1955.
1923: Due to financial difficulties, the production company needs more capital. They apply and get permission to be refinanced by foreign (US) capital. The company was divided into «a/s Høyangfaldene» which has the rights to the power plants and «A/S Norsk Aluminium Company» or NACo for short, which takes over the production and the factory- and town site.
1928: The oxide factory is finished. The oxide production is based on the Pedersen Process, developed by Norwegian professor Harald Pedersen at NTH in Trondheim, Norway.
1936: A/S Høyangfaldene is dissolved and merged with NACo.
1937-38: Development of a power plant in Eriksdalen, Power Plant 2. Ny power station in Dalen.
1939: New aluminum factory (Serie B) is finished with Søderberg ovens. New lab and the first site for cleansing of the process starts construction.
1940: NACo is under German administration due to the occupation of Norway during the war. The oldest aluminum factory (Serie A) is under reconstruction for Søderberg ovens.
1948: A smoke tunnel is constructed to lead the factory emission up to the mountainside instead of affecting the town.
1951-55: Expansion of Power Plant 2 in Eriksdalen.
1957-59: The power plants for station 3 and 4 is developed in Eriksdalen (Roesvatn and Norddalen).
1958: Serie C (Hall C), with 44 ovens, begins operation on July 1st. The factory was started in 1956.
1962-1965: Development of a power plant in the Hovland river system, Power Plant 5. A new power station 5 is built at the mountainside at Øren.
1965: Serie C (Hall C) is expanded.
1967: NACo is merged into the ÅSV concern (A/S Årdal og Sunndal Verk)
1969: The oxide factory is closed down in September.
1970: From January 1st 1970 NACo no longer exists as a separate company. NACo and Høyanger Verk is now a fully integrated part of ÅSV.
1972: A break bulk cargo foundry is established at the foundry at Høyanger Verk, and produces among other products, rims for car wheels for SAAB.
1973: The aluminum slug factory begins production, producing parts for tubes and boxes made of aluminum.
1977: In August, a new factory called Fundo Aluminum opens. Producing aluminum rims for car wheels, the factory is located at Hjetland. The development of the Gautingsdal river system begins.
1978-80: Development of Power Plant 5, including a new Grimsos dam.
1979: The oxide factory is demolished. Power plant 1 goes out of production.
1980: Serie A and B are demolished. A new and modern aluminum factory, Hall A, is built instead.
1981: Hall A starts production in the autumn. The smoke tunnel finishes operation, due to the arrival of a new cleansing facility.
1986: Hydro’s aluminum section takes over the ÅSV concern. The new company is named Hydro Aluminium AS.
1989: Fundo becomes a separate company under Hydro Aluminium.
1993: The aluminum slug factory becomes a separate company, Hydroslug AS.
1999: Hydroslug is closed down. Høyanger Metallverk separates from the maintenance departments and leaves KOGAS (Kværner Oil & Gas) in charge of them.
2000: Fundo is bought by Hamid Al Zayani and the company Aluwheel, with a main office in Bahrain.
2001: During autumn , Fundo is in reality bankrupt, and is saved by a group with Høyanger Municipality at the forefront, that buys out the Arabic owners.
2003: ERA (Energy Recycling AS) is established, and from the beginning of 2004 begins a recycling factory for Zinc as a byproduct of iron production. ERAS takes over the old Hydroslug buildings.
2006: Hall C is slowly phased out, closed and eventually demolished.
2009: January 12th, Fundo Wheels AS is declared bankrupt, the last day of production is February 12th.